Chuck Peters on Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:26:51 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Secondary e-mail service

$ host -t MX ccil.org
ccil.org            	MX	40 jupiter.ccil.org
ccil.org            	MX	15 mercury.ccil.org

And exim.conf on jupiter has a line that looks like:
relay_domains = saturn.ccil.org:mercury.ccil.org:ccil.org:lists.ccil.org

I should note that among email servers Exchange 5.5 is not known for being
the most reliable, in fact on some tests I did about two years ago it was
the most unreliable among netscapes messenger, sendmail, qmail, exim and
lotus notes.  Cost wise Exchange was the most expensive (except perhaps
lotus notes) and required much more powerful hardware for similiar numbers
of users.  I would elaborate more, but I have my reasons for not giving
details on a public list.

Chuck