gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 18 Jan 2002 15:10:18 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Star Office Mail help needed

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 08:56:11AM -0500, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
> Please name names.  I'm in the market.

mutt, pine, elm (by default, if memory serves), mh.

I can't tell you much about GUI mailers, as I don't use them.

> Maybe, but its tough controlling what you receive.  Plus, I get a few
> newsletters that work well in html, and getting them in the mail sure beats
> having to fire up the browser and going to the site every day.

Why should .html or .doc attachments be different than any other
attachment?

My .mailcap uses lynx to view the former, the wv pacakge to dump the
latter into something useful, and xv to view images. No need for a
GUI within the MUA when you've got one on the desktop already.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net