gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 22 Jan 2002 21:20:21 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Where to buy a CPU

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 11:51:19AM -0800, JP Toto wrote:
> You mean ExpensiveCenter? Yikes that place is
> pricey!!!

Yes and no. If you catch them at the right time for whatever you
want, you can do pretty well.

I got my 100BaseT Switch for better than the (then) going rate on
price{watch,scan}... because Netgear was discontinuing it and
replacing it with a clunkier model (that happens to have the power
supply internal; big whoop).

Also, you can't beat 4 GB SCA SCSI for $20. (They were out the last
time I was there, but they're typically along the tables in the
front along with the used PCs and $5 PS/2 keyboards.)

Their selection of cables and adaptors is significantly better than
the other place close to me (Computer Renaissance on the Baltimore
Pike)... and maybe a PS/2->AT adaptor for $1.05 is more than it
needs to be, but it doesn't exactly seem outrageous.

I wouldn't buy a whole computer from them (much less software), but
it's not a bad place to browse through bits and pieces.

And anyway, they carry 2600. ;^>

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net