Nicholas Vettese on Tue, 22 Jan 2002 23:20:19 +0100

RE: [PLUG] Where to buy a CPU

I usually stay away from the NY dealers because returning things to them is a hassle. My friend wanted a PC, and we went to the show. I had him checking out a few local shops like Artex and such, but when he saw the a NY dealer was cheaper, he took it. Point of my story. He started having problems with the PC and had to send it back 3 or 4 times. The shipping alone cost him more than he would have spent on a local shop where he could have driven it too. I am not saying don't buy from them, just take into account of what may happen if you need to return it.
Nick

From: "Bob Razler" <bob@razler.com>
To: <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Subject: RE: [PLUG] Where to buy a CPU
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:48:48 -0500

Hello:

	I don't know why everyone hates the PC Shows.  I usually build
about
1 PC a month for friends, family and co-workers.  I have never had a
problem with the vendors at the shows.  On the rare occasion I need
to return it I do it the next day.  I always go on Saturday so if I
have to return something I can go back on Sunday.

	As for the prices, I find they are the same as online prices if
you
factor in shipping and handling.  They are much cheaper then the main
PC stores (CompUSA, MicroCenter, etc.).

Robert J. Razler, Esq.
Approvals Manager
Heritage Building Group, Inc.