Bob Razler on Wed, 23 Jan 2002 01:20:18 +0100

RE: [PLUG] Where to buy a CPU

	Well, I should clarify my point.  I never buy a whole PC from
anyone.  I prefer building them.  I can control the quality of the
parts and I can make the decisions on where to save based on who I am
building it for and what their priorities are.

Bob

- -----Original Message-----
From: Nicholas Vettese [mailto:pluglist@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 5:12 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: RE: [PLUG] Where to buy a CPU

I usually stay away from the NY dealers because returning things to
them is
a hassle.  My friend wanted a PC, and we went to the show.  I had him
checking out a few local shops like Artex and such, but when he saw
the a NY
dealer was cheaper, he took it.  Point of my story.  He started
having
problems with the PC and had to send it back 3 or 4 times.  The
shipping
alone cost him more than he would have spent on a local shop where he
could
have driven it too.  I am not saying don't buy from them, just take
into
account of what may happen if you need to return it.
Nick