epike on Tue, 22 Jan 2002 23:50:23 +0100

[PLUG] opensource question

ok...so I have written a bunch of (badly written) perl
and tcsh scripts to automate the loading of my digital camera
CF/SmartMedia JPG files into my linux box..its so useful
to me that I am thinking of releasing the source codes
to whomever wish to use it; so my question is:

1. what headers / copyright info should I stamp into
   the source codes (to properly track the authors /
   protect the code)..is there a template README file
   or something that I can just include in the tarball?

2. Where to post it?

the only dilemna I am having right now is that the source
is not really that good, alhtough I am working on that
aspect.  (source code is about 1,800 lines, and loading
is completely monitorless/keyboardless operation)

JondZ /  E.Pike