Darxus on Wed, 23 Jan 2002 01:00:13 +0100

[PLUG] better html validator

I think this was probably mentioned on this list before, and I didn't pay
much attention, but I have now personally realized that this:
http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/  is better than
http://validator.w3.org/

The reason is, I had this html document that links didn't render as
expected.  I found broken html in the document, and posted to the validator
mailing list.  I got 2 responses, one telling me that while it wasn't
perfect html, it was, technically, valid.  The other gave me the
htmlhelp.com url.

I've been using validators to check my email regularly for... a long time.
It helps debugging, and increases the probability that more browsers will
render pages properly.  When I got the htmlhelp.com validator to spider my
site, it told me stuff that has caused me to modify 35 documents so far,
and that's within the 100 document limit.

I plan to download the source, and I've confirmed that I can remove the
recursion limit in my local installation.

http://www.ChaosReigns.com