Samantha Samuel on Sun, 27 Jan 2002 04:20:13 +0100

Re: [PLUG] changing IP address

In RH /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 (if eth0 is your first
networking device)

Edit that file

rpm -e dhcpdcd

Reboot.

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002, Bill Patterson wrote:

> I've been running my internet connection through a DI 704 Cable/DSL Internet
> Gateway allowing it to choose my IP addresses dynamically.  I want to start
> using static addresses.  This is because I am adding more computers than the
> 4 maximum that the DI704 can accomodate so I have grafted a 8-Port 10/100
> Mbps Switching Hub onto one of the DI704's 4 ports.  I have been unable to
> find out how to switch my computer(s) to a static address in the Linux books
> that I have, so far.  (I could re-install Linux on the two older machines
> that are just for knocking around, but that would be too easy, and too hard
> for my main system that has too much on it to be re-installed.) Can anyone
> show me the easiest way to do this?  Thanks.
>
> Bill Patterson
>
> BTW, two of the three machines are only installed as servers and do not have
> a GUI.

Samantha
-------
Real programmers do not comment their code. If it was hard to write, it
should be hard to understand.