Chuck Peters on Sun, 27 Jan 2002 22:40:14 +0100

Re: [PLUG] debian stable & 2.4?

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Forge 2000 wrote:

> Well, Woody is due to freeze soon, and after the freeze it depends entirely
> on how many show stopper bugs are found, and how long it takes to fix them.
> Woody could go release in a few weeks or a few months.

Woody has been frozen since July 1st, 2001, see
http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2001/16/index.  Looks like its going to
be a year long freeze.  I glad winter hasn't been that long of a freeze.
February 21st, 2001, http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2001/6/index, is
when the plan for the freeze was announced.

Sometime maybe this new so called testing phase will actually lead to
faster stable releases, but it doesn't seem to be happening this time.

Chuck