Bill Jonas on Thu, 31 Jan 2002 06:00:22 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Would possibly like to donate hardware: laptops, old monitor, etc

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 02:04:31PM -0800, multiple seriousity wrote:
> You know, I go and write that long email, and mention the website in my
> .signature file, and there I go, and forget to include my .sig.
>
> Go figure.

Sorry, I can't help myself.

    Dear Emily: Today I posted an article and forgot to include my
    signature. What should I do? -- forgetful@myvax

    A: Dear Forgetful: Rush to your terminal right away and post an article
    that says, "Oops, I forgot to post my signature with that last article.
    Here it is."

    Since most people will have forgotten your earlier article,
    (particularly since it dared to be so boring as to not have a nice,
    juicy signature) this will remind them of it. Besides, people care much
    more about the signature anyway. See the previous letter for more
    important details.

    Also, be sure to include your signature TWICE in each article. That way
    you're sure people will read it.

 -- http://www.templetons.com/brad/emily.html

:P

Developer/SysAdmin for hire!   See http://www.billjonas.com/resume.html