multiple seriousity on Thu, 31 Jan 2002 06:50:13 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Would possibly like to donate hardware: laptops, old monitor, etc

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Bill Jonas wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 02:04:31PM -0800, multiple seriousity wrote:
> > You know, I go and write that long email, and mention the website in my
> > .signature file, and there I go, and forget to include my .sig.

> Sorry, I can't help myself.

<yawn> you might be right, however, I actually had a point. However, I
didn't _clearly_ say this point with my follow up email.

The point was, that I was referencing and pointing out the nonprofit that
I AM involved with, and that the website URL which is in my .signature
file, if people want to find out about it, be it the guy giving away the
equipment, or others who may be interested, either in what the nonprofit
does, or in donating equipment, materials, time, money, or those who
are just feeling the pressure of upcoming taxes and realize they will
need tax deductions in the future :), etc.

But, you're right, everybody should be aware of Emily Postnews and good
Netiquette in general.

Would it have been better if I had said "whoops, I mentioned a URL, but
then forgot to include the actual address.. here it is.." ?

>     Dear Emily: Today I posted an article and forgot to include my...
>  -- http://www.templetons.com/brad/emily.html

And just incase this isn't informative enough:
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Internet/Etiquette/

Lets however, make this post a little bit more informative... hmmm...

nonprofits on the list that I am aware of:
CCIL - chester county interlink (chester county freenet & community
computing initiative) - currently in need of ram for compaq's to give away

CARP/Please Take - arts and environmental nonprofit - with big leeway for
lots of cool geek hobbiest stuff and also currently in need of decent
office computing stuff (and mobile stuff for our environmental efforts
which bring us all over the region.)

The various universities that people work for.  (I would guess some of
them wouldn't turn down that top o the line set of systems so they can
build that beowulf they've been looking for..)

Other regional nonprofits and where-you-get-rid-of-em's..:

http://www.sharetechnology.org/  - online database to register materials
available.

NTR http://www.libertynet.org/ntr/  , Urban Tech, etc.. I'd say the Reuse
Collaborative, but they have kind of dried up... here's a half decent list
of orgs and info: http://sharetechnology.org/philorgs.html

And, no, I'm not being defensive. :P

Oh, hey, can't forget this:  :D

--