Bill Jonas on Thu, 31 Jan 2002 07:29:59 -0500

Re: [PLUG] re: UPS

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 01:39:18AM -0500, Jeff Dean wrote:
> Is that an old model?  The APC website only lists BP1000 and BP1400.

Truthfully, I'm unsure whether or not it is.  (I didn't explicitly
mention it in the last post, but they *are* new-in-box, with two-year
warranty, etc.)

I had noticed earlier that they didn't have the product page listed for
that particular model.  However the hardware manual I have lists the
1100 alongside the BP1000 and the BP1400.  The manual lists the
specifications of the three models side-by-side.  The only differences
between the BP1000 and the BP1100 in the specs that are mentioned is
that the BP1100 is rated for a maximum load of 1100 VA (as opposed to
1000 VA for the BP1000, but they're both rated for 670 W), and the
BP1100 has a shipping weight 0.1 kg/0.3 lb greater than the BP1000 (net
weight is identical, however).   The picture on the BP1000's product
page looks remarkably similar to what I have.

Finally, on a hunch I looked at the HTML source (the form was obviously
POSTing), found the key name and the pattern of the values that were
being assigned to it, and started adding what would seem reasonable to
the URL.  The browser's auto-completion took care of the rest for me (I
clicked the "View All" link on the BP1000 page), and I modified the
appropriate param.  The product page is indeed available at
<http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BP1100>.

Developer/SysAdmin for hire!   See http://www.billjonas.com/resume.html