Rebecca Ore on Sun, 3 Feb 2002 02:00:12 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Re: Creating Usenet Groups and IRC channels

On Sun, 03 Feb 2002, jbeck@jbwd.net wrote:

> Thank you Rebecca, I will lurk around and see what I can figure out.  Seeing
> as my target audience for this is less than 45 people, maybe just running my
> own server for the purpose is my best bet.  By the way, what do you mean by
> "big 8"? (just curious!  :-)

The main Usenet groups where there's a concerted effort to keep all sites
synchronized as to the valid groups and where one person (presently David C
Lawrence) issues newgroup messages.

These are rec.*, news.*, comp.*, sci.*, soc.*, talk*, humanities.*, and misc.*

--
Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net