W. Chris Shank on Mon, 4 Feb 2002 18:30:29 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Comcast Crackdown

there was never anything officially announced to me. they said that my modem
may not have been picking up the DHCP request due to variances in the signal
strength - or some such bullshit. i think i just alerted them to what i was
doing and their net.gestapo came down on me.

if your's go over smoothly, then don't whatever you do, don't call their
tech-support!

in fact - now that I think about it - perhaps they were attempting to migrate
me over all those times it went down for 4-5 hours in the middle of the day!
that is probably a low usage time, since many home users would be at work.
hmmm... bastards!