Fred K Ollinger on Mon, 4 Feb 2002 23:10:18 +0100

Re: [PLUG] XFS w/kernel 2.4.17?

> However, if the 2.4.13 kernel wouldn't work (for whatever unforeseen reason), it would have been annoying to dig out a rescue disk, etc.

You can specify the default as the old kernel so there's no reason
whatsoever that the new kernel would hose the old one. Yes, you have to be
careful, but there's less risk here then there is in walking across the
street. I'm just trying to reassure you.

Good luck. And don't worry.

Fred