Bill Patterson on Sun, 10 Feb 2002 06:00:16 +0100

[PLUG] Comcast "OPEN IMMEDIATELY" but don't

Comcast did something to at their end to enable my WinME machine to get back
on.  Perhaps that is what is (1) stopping the firewall gateway from getting
to them and (2) is stopping the WinME machine from talking to the firewall
gateway anymore.  Is it possible that their program from Broadjump
rearranged the ports?  Could it be something else?  I am highly suspicious
of their software and what it may have done to my machine.  Any ideas?  Is
there a WinME command to check ports?

Does anyone have a DI704 gateway?  My Linux machines can still get to it,
and can work its web interface nicely.  The WinME machine can't get to its
web interface or even successfully ping it.

And thanks for all the good thoughts so far.

Bill