jbeck on Sun, 10 Feb 2002 22:48:23 -0500

[PLUG] Help burning cd's

Hi everyone,

Here is the problem: I just installed Suse 7.2 on a computer with a cd burner (Yamaha 16x10x40). When windows was on the computer, I would use ezcdcreator to burn audio cd's. I want to burn audio cd's now using Suse. On the KDE Desktop, both cd drives appear as icon's - (CD-ROM and CD-R (which is the burner)). Am I correct in assuming the the install process recognized and configured my CD-R drive? I went to the man page for cdrecord, but it made no sense to me. I installed krecord, but it tells me I am missing programs in the path. It is looking for cdrecord, cdparanoia, mkisofs, and cdda2wav.

All I want to do is burn audio cd's, so can anyone step me through the process of getting this to work (as simply as possible, please). Again, I assume everything is configured during the install - if not, I don't know how to configure it...

Thanks,

John