Jason Costomiris on Sun, 10 Feb 2002 22:58:41 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Comcast "OPEN IMMEDIATELY" but don't

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 10:47:35PM -0500, Bill Patterson wrote:
: I am the PEBCAK (== Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard) referenced.

So?  Are you content?  You just need to learn how to fix your problem.

: Clearly I am ignorant.  I don't know why my Windoze ME machine no longer can
: access my DI704 DLink box.  It can access Comcast.

Where is it plugged in in relation to the DLink box?  Assuming your DLink
box gets its "WAN" side address via DHCP from Comcast, and runs a DHCP
server to hand out addresses on the "LAN" side, you should look like this:

cable modem --- dlink --- your machines

Unplug your cable modem for a few minutes, then plug your DLink box back
in.  Get an address on it, and get back to work....

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.
                    My account, My opinions.