Bill Jonas on Tue, 12 Feb 2002 22:20:17 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Fwd: CG: Windows XP warning

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 10:21:18AM -0500, Kuzman Ganchev wrote:
> I think that Microsoft's soft de-facto position (I'm not talking about
> words here) on software piracy was a part of that. I think that if MS
> had cracked down on piracy back in the day, the PC might not have done
> so well.

If people are illegally copying your software, you've got market share!
;-)

Anyhow, you reminded me of the infamous Open Letter to Hobbyists
<http://www.blinkenlights.com/classiccmp/gateswhine.html>.  Interesting
to see that with over 25 years of history in the mean time.

Yes, I do understand that you made a differentiation between their
offical policy and their actual practice.

Developer/SysAdmin for hire!   See http://www.billjonas.com/resume.html