Chuck Peters on Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:28:56 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Home network advice

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 paul@dpagin.net wrote:

> Here is something I wrote a while back.  Complete with some HOW-TO
> links.  http://chlug.dpagin.net/ICS.html and
> http://chlug.dpagin.net/ics.txt

I am kind of confused by the page.  It mentions ipchains and iptables, you
can't use both can you?

You mention using a reading a Bridge+Firewall+DSL howto.  It looks like
you are using NAT and not a bridge.  Nothing wrong with using NAT only, I
just don't know why you mentioned the bridge.

Have you looked at http://bridge.sourceforge.net?

Thanks,
Chuck