Jason Costomiris on Fri, 15 Feb 2002 23:20:13 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Volunteer Opportunities

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 04:01:42PM -0500, Chuck Peters wrote:
: On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Jeff Dean wrote:
: > Absolutely, and this one's a great cause.  I run IT for a K-8 charter
: > school in West Chester.  I'm also the President of the board of
: > trustees.  We run on a very tight budget, but have some projects left to
: > do.  In particular:
: >
: > - Linux firewall rules
:
: We could use some expert peer review for a bridging firewall I am setting
: up for CCIL.org

Bridging firewall?  Bad idea...  Stick with iptables and a traditional
routed firewall, you'll be far happier, and won't be vulnerable to
attacks based on MAC address spoofing.

: > The firewall stuff is NAT-related.  I'm using esmith, so anyone who's
: > noodled around with one of those could be a great asset.

No idea what esmith is, but I'd be glad to donate some iptables rules,
provided you guys can give me a diagram and tell me what kinds of traffic
need to move in what directions...

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.
                    My account, My opinions.