Sam Hunting on Sun, 17 Feb 2002 14:29:36 -0500

[PLUG] RH PPP Failed to deactivate interface message

Probably a newbie's question, but red hat, google, and the books don't
help.

I seem to get the RH PPP "Failed to deactivate interface" (or,
alternatively, to "activate") randomly. At least I haven't been able to
reproduce it, and the logs in /var/messages aren't helpful to me.
Perhaps the GUI has somehow gotten out of synch with a lock?

Can someone tell me:

1. What the message means

2. Suggest a remedy, like

a. Bypassing the GUI by calling the dialup script from the command line
(how) or

b. Installing a better dialer?

c. Unlocking the relevant file?

Many thanks...

S.

=====
<!-- www.etopicality.com
     www.goose-works.org

"A human is a topic map's way of making another topic map."

-->