W. Chris Shank on Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:50:23 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Zaurus SL5000D - Linux PDA

i got one at linuxworld, it's pretty awesome. it does chomp through
batteries, but with a bright backlight, it's expected (this is adjustable).
it's very fast and yes, you can cross-compile Qt apps for it. it also does
embedded java - which is the primary reason i got it. i like it much better
than my palm3 and agenda. also it has a CF type 2 expansion slot so it can
use wired and wireless networking cards. this definately has the potential to
supplant a notebook - especially with hancom office running on it (they had
that on display at linuxworld). the consumer verion will be out in march or
so.