W. Chris Shank on Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:37:13 -0500

Re: [PLUG] ProFTP on Cobalt Raq3

i appreciate the advice. i'm well aware of scp and use it myself. however,
the client want to run webtrends reports himself. he's been warned, and if
the box comprimised - he'll have to pay for getting it back together.

so far - i found that removing the welcome message from being displayed at
ftp login has eliminated this problem. looks to be a firewall issue with size
of the data being sent - ie:lengthy welcome message.