Andrew Puschak on Wed, 20 Feb 2002 02:50:13 +0100

[PLUG] Verizon bandwidth upgrade

Well Brian I've had Directv on the phone and Verizon alot. They try to ignore you waying they can't do anything. But if you just complain that your paying good money and not getting the speed, they listen. Verizon was suppost to do a line test recently using one of thier modems on my line. I haven't heard back from them yet. They said if the line is "bad" then they're fix it which means they'll switch my telephone line to another pair of wires. Although I had this done when the telephone went out last winter, the lines were too tight and snapped in the cold at the junction down the road and they switched it to another line. Next they want to test the wires in my home. So I got to be home for them to test from my modem location. This is the usual home wiring scheme where if everythings ok they don't charge but if somethings awry then $160. plus whatever else the think they need to do. So after I let them do that, hopefully they'll consider upgrading my bandwidth at Verizon because they're the ones putting a cap on it, now Directv. So I'll keep you posted of my "lobbying with Verzion and hope to see higher numbers soon! Thanks for your interest

From: "Brian Dingman" <bdingman@law.villanova.edu>
To: <barberooza@hotmail.com>
Subject: dslreports posting
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:12:52 -0500

Andrew,
You mentioned in your posting that your are lobbying verizon to add more
bandwidth to your line. Have you had any luck so far? I would love to have
Verizon open up the bandwidth cap for external ISP's. If you have good
information for me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Brian

97 Country Walk
Devon, Pa 19333