epike on Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:50:17 +0100

Re: [PLUG] DHCP server for RH or genric linux

yes that would be /etc/dhcpd.conf and you would have
to activate /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/dhcpd.  For the syntax
of dhcpd.conf you can take a look at the dhcpd man page.
you will want to run dhcpd on only *the* interface that
you want it to listen to, that is make sure the daemon
is runing as (for example) "dhcpd eth1" (you do not
want it to listen on the comcast eth side).  There is
also a dhcp howto somewhere in /usr/share/doc.

The other trick that would you would possibly need to
do is to create an empty log file for dhcpd when it
complains for a missing file in /var.

Sorry I cant provide a more exact details, since I switched
over to a linksys router but I could still extract
my old config from my archives if this becomes a problem
4 you.

e pike