Beldon Dominello on Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:32:01 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Recommend a Laptop

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Paul wrote:

> I was spying a Compaq Presario 710US at Circuit City for
> $1000.  It has a 1Gig Duron CPU.  The thing that's
> questionable is the built-in MODEM.

That's exactly the model my friend has (with a 900 MHz Duron-- sorry, mistook
that in my last post).  The internal modem is all to cock, but the internal
Ethernet works like a dream.

--
DISCLAIMER - This text was written on the road and may contain errors of fact,
tact, and decency due to the cumulative effects of cabin fever, emotional