Jason Costomiris on Thu, 21 Feb 2002 19:21:20 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Recommend a Laptop

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 02:25:26PM -0500, Paul wrote:
: I was spying a Compaq Presario 710US at Circuit City for
: $1000.  It has a 1Gig Duron CPU.  The thing that's
: questionable is the built-in MODEM.

I wouldn't touch a Compaq if you paid me.  I've been burnt far too many
times by their hardware "enhancements" and non-standard parts.  Stick
with names like Dell, IBM and HP.  IMHO, you can't beat a ThinkPad.

I love my T21.  A friend recently picked up an A22m that had a 1 Ghz P-III
and half a gig of RAM for $1200 - off of uBid, IIRC...  Rock-solid,
standard parts, outstanding quality, and it just flat-out works.

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.
                    My account, My opinions.