Beldon Dominello on Thu, 21 Feb 2002 23:40:13 +0100

Re: [PLUG] HD Partitioning

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, David Hull wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good (and hopefully easy) way to resize the
> partition sizes on a hard drive?  Thanks.

Well, ideally, when you install Linux you can use the LVM so you can re-size
to your heart's content.  But, I'm assuming you haven't done that already.

In that case there's GNUParted, which can non-destructively partition and has
a nice graphical front end.

Then there's FIPS, which is console-only and a bit risky if you don't know
exactly what you're doing.

Best commercial app IMHO is Partition magic, which does support Linux (as well
as every other disk type you're likely to find).  Retails for about $65.00,
and works like a charm.

	-Beldon

--
DISCLAIMER - This text was written on the road and may contain errors of fact,
tact, and decency due to the cumulative effects of cabin fever, emotional