Bill Jonas on Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:20:14 +0100

Re: [PLUG] DNS question

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 10:05:52AM -0500, Doug Crompton wrote:
> On another note - what does one have to do to be an MX server for another
> site? I suspect just accept that sites mail (CW <domain> or in my case FW
> <externalhostnames>) in sendmail?

Yup, that's about it.  If you want to just deliver mail addressed to
"username@otherdomain.com" to "username" locally, nothing further's
required.  If you want to direct it to, say, "otheruser" locally, use
the virtusertable feature.

Actually, if you're not the primary MX server, you don't even have to
worry about that.  Just accept mail for the domain.

Developer/SysAdmin for hire!   See http://www.billjonas.com/resume.html