Sam Hunting on Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:21 +0100

[PLUG] Terminal emulator that understands file:///*.html not just http://

First, thanks to the many people who answered my newbie question on
setting up a listener for a directory.

I have a second question related to the same project (a demonstration
of managing my intellectual property from the command line using topic
map technology, www.goose-works.org). That is:

GNOME terminal has the nice feature that it will highlight URLs
displayed in the terminal, and right clicking on one will display the
resource addressed by that URL in the browser.

I would like the same functionality, but for URLs that use the file
protocal, file:///my.html, so I can display local resources in the
browser as well.

Does anyone know of a terminal emulator that this feature?

Many thanks.

S.

=====
<!-- Topic map consulting:          www.etopicality.com
     Open source topic map toolkit: www.goose-works.org

"A human is a topic map's way of making another topic map."

-->