Bill Jonas on Sun, 24 Feb 2002 15:30:15 +0100

Re: [PLUG] sendmail issue?

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 09:19:03PM -0500, eric@lucii.org wrote:
> Fixed.  Installed Postfix (after un-installing sendmail) and
> tweaked it's configuration to run procmail for me.
> It was easy as pie.
> Now, the "single dot" on a line by itself in my incoming email
> is not a problem.
>
> What did people do before postfix or qmail? :-D

Note that "line containing a single dot" is how you end the DATA portion
of a message under the relevant RFCs.  Sendmail probably just hadn't
bothered to differentiate between SMTP and its stdin when run as an
executable.

Good to hear you got it working.

Developer/SysAdmin for hire!   See http://www.billjonas.com/resume.html