Sherry Nelson on Sat, 23 Feb 2002 14:00:13 +0100

[PLUG] picking up radio interference

My linux box's audio is suddenly picking up 2-way radio interference,
apparently from a neighbors CB or ham radio. This is something that I
never experienced from my Windows ME partition on the same computer, so
I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem. I know that in
general the problem can be resolved by using a frequency specific
filter.
But I'm curious as to why I'd be experiencing the problem only on my
Linux partition (Linux-Mandrake/30mdk), unless it is a coincidence. I've
used my Win ME partition extensively (sorry!), but never had this
problem. Any insights?

thanks,
Sherry