epike on Fri, 1 Mar 2002 16:20:41 -0500

Re: [PLUG] VRM?

I have this exact machine and got a VRM from online bidding
(ebay sometimes has them; got mine from yahoo auctions 2 years
ago).  I think mine has a stamp "VXI" or something; so I dont
think these are proprietary IBM parts.  you need
a VRM specificially for PentiumPro though.  There are voltage
differences that I did not pay attention to but I stuck it
on the motherboard and it worked.  I think I got
the VRM for $40 back then.

machine is ok--mine is running 24/7 for > 2 years, (with
occasional unexplained crashes).  I highly recommend putting
that 2nd CPU to take advantage of the dual capability of
this motherboard.  You'd probably need a FAN for the 2nd
CPU; I have an extra heatsink/FAN if you're interested
(a generic one but better than nothing).

e pike / JondZ