Guillermo Moyna on Sat, 2 Mar 2002 22:07:25 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Computer Problems

Naresh,

A very silly suggestion, and something you probably checked already - Is the floppy cable (if you have a floppy) plugged the right way? I remember I made a box once and it always hanged misteriously after 15 minutes to one hour. Later I realized the floppy LED was on all the time, which is a sign of an inverted cable - Swapped this, and it's been working fine since...

Also, it can be memory becoming 'un-seated' with heat, or the CPU overheating (is the fan working). All these will give you 'erratic' problems that are very hard to track down...

Guillermo