eric@lucii.org on Thu, 7 Mar 2002 10:06:52 -0500

Re: [PLUG] distro for laptop?

I second the vote for SuSE.  I use SuSE 7.3 on workstation and laptop.
Works great for both except it has not picked up the audio in either
one.  I'm working on fixing that.

Mandrake 8.1 on the other hand, picked up the audio just fine
but something called devfs kept screwing with the devices and
really caused me some trouble trying to upgrade the workstation.

Either distro works well.  I tend to lean slightly toward
SuSE for some reason.  Maybe because I have not tried
Debian?  When is the next PADS meeting again??

Eric

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 05:20:40AM -0800, JP Toto wrote:
> SuSE 7.3 is supposed to be pretty good on laptops. I
> use it on my desktop (formerly windows) and I love it.
> Definitely my first recomendation. Mandrake is pretty
> good, too. They both are great at picking up all the
> hardware.
>
> --- Jon Galt <jongalt@pinn.net> wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >   my laptop is currently dual boot Win98 and a munge
> > of Red Hat and
[[TRIM]]

--
#   Eric Allan Lucas
# "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth