Bill Jonas on Sun, 10 Mar 2002 17:40:11 +0100

Re: [PLUG] encryption question

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 10:59:53AM -0500, eric@lucii.org wrote:
> I use mutt.  My friend uses Outlook Express on his Macintosh.
> I use gpg.  He uses pgp 6.5.2.
> Does anybody know how to make mutt encrypt/decrypt an "inline" message
> automatically?

I don't know if you ever solved this problem; there were suggestions
involving formail for handling reception on your end, but none really
for handling things sent from you to him.  I also don't know if you
found your answer from searching or not, but I'll go ahead and pass this
along.

I was perusing the Mutt manual.txt and I noticed an interesting option:

  6.3.130.  pgp_outlook_compat

  Type: quadoption
  Default: no

  If pgp_create_traditional is defined above, this option causes mutt to
  generate messages readable by users of MS Outlook using PGP.

The version of Mutt which that manual came with is 1.3.27i.  It is not in
the manual for Mutt 1.2.5i.  1.3 is the development branch and 1.2 is
the stable branch.

Thought I'd pass this along in case it helps.

Developer/SysAdmin for hire!   See http://www.billjonas.com/resume.html