gabriel rosenkoetter on Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:11:10 -0500

Re: [PLUG] openssh on rh 6.2

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 03:17:04PM -0500, Mental wrote:
> I saw a great number of people who had this problem on google. It seems
> the copy of openssl on the box you're trying to compile ssh on should be
> upgraded to a current version first. Which only makes sense I
> suppose....

This is stated quite clearly in openssh-3.1p1/INSTALL. I quote:

---
1. Prerequisites
----------------

You will need working installations of Zlib and OpenSSL.

Zlib:
http://www.gzip.org/zlib/

OpenSSL 0.9.5a or greater:
http://www.openssl.org/
---

You DO all read the documentation before trying to install software,
don't you?

;^>

--
gabriel rosenkoetter