kaze on Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:46:01 -0500

RE: [PLUG] DNS, DHCP, SAMBA & Windows

WiNS (on SAMBA) and the DHCP server gives out _everything_: domain name, IP,
WiNS server(s), M$ client node type (H or 0x8), DNS servers, default
gateway. DHCP will give out an IP address, the client registers with WiNS
(ARP?), the WiNS server populates it's DB, then clients hit the WiNS server
instead of doing broadcasts. (On Microsoft you can link DNS and WiNS too for
not Windows clients.)

Or use NetBEUI...