Fred K Ollinger on Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:10:17 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Linux Virus Writing HOWTO

> > It alarms me that such a document would be created and distributed.

Welcome to the world of OSS and freely shared information.

> > However if it makes us system administrators (and users) more aware of
> > what avenues to watch for, and help close up the loopholes, then I guess
> > it isn't a bad thing to bring all this out in the open.

If one spends a lot of time working on a subject one is going to want to
write a paper on something.

> > But it's still kinda shocking to have this document in reality.

I learned how to enrich plutonium from a public library. The issue isn't
whether we should have info, but what we do with it.

When are people going to realize that information is not your enemy,
people who do bad things are.

Also, bad people usually don't share information, they just exploit it.

Fred