Doug Crompton on Fri, 15 Mar 2002 00:46:29 -0500

[PLUG] Installation questions - SuSe 7.3

This may not be specific to SuSe - I started my first SuSe installation
tonight. It is amazing, but then it would not take much to amaze me since
the last install I did was slackware with kernel 1.3.x !

I an installing on a PII-266 with 300M memory and 4 IDE channels. Two on
the MB and 2 with a plug-in promise dma100 controller. SuSe found it all.
I have a HD hanging on both the primary MB controller and the primary
add-on.

Anyhow the question... What is the best way to partition and what file
type? SuSe makes some default decisions. In my case they were :

16.2M boot
416M swap
36.8G root

The 36.8G is resisert file type??

I have been doing (in slackware) :

100M root
32M swap
the rest /usr

all in ext2.

Is there any best way to do this? What about file type? I want the entire
disk linux. no dual boot. Tell me about Resisert?

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *