Mental on Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:30:13 +0100

Re: [PLUG] say no to reiser

On Fri, 2002-03-15 at 14:15, Fred K Ollinger wrote:

> I messed up. I believe that reiser works great for some people.
>
> Did anyone try to use tune2fs to convert over to ext3? Any troubles,
> successes? I did change fstab to ext3, had kernel mods and everything, but
> I still was fscking ext3 forever (yes ext3). I don't know why. Maybe I'm
> just cursed. I reinstalled w/ a fresh ext3 and it worked great.

I've converted ext2 to ext3 on my SuSE 7.1 box and my Debian (unstable)
box. Neither of which had any issues.

Please note, you cannot use kernel modules for ext3 if your root
filesystem is an ext3 filesystem.

Just do a search on google, you need to create the journal with tune2fs,
then set the fsck frequency to zero.

--

Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

I used to work in a fire hydrant factory.  You couldn't park
anywhere near the place.
--Steven Wright

GPG public key: http://www.neverlight.com/Mental.asc