Jeff Dean on Sun, 17 Mar 2002 11:52:49 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Linux Virus Writing HOWTO

It's likely that many companies deploy NT/2K/XP with full privs for the user. Where I work, the users' domain accounts are added to the local admin group. The culture there expects that everyone is a local admin. We also have lots of '9x around the LAN. So, NT security is only for servers. Too bad for IT but great for virus writers...

jd

Unfortunately, you still need to have Administrator privileges to do
anything worthwhile on Win2K, as well as Win.NET Server/XP.

Jeff Dean jdean@ieee.org