pinkee on Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:20:20 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Verizon DSL

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 08:27:11PM -0500, Bob Stanfield wrote:
> Folks,
>
> 	I am advising a Linux user who is trying to access Veizon DSL.
> We have Roaring Penguin's <rp-pppoe> & GUI installed. eth0 is actively
> recognized (ifconfig).
>
> 	He can connect to Verizon hard- & software on M$.
>
> 	What problems can we expect when the software fails to make
> its ppp connection/login?
>
> 	What diagnostics can we ask for?

Wow, it is my bash verizon day. Verizon is lousy about supporting linux,
they actively change dns servers to make it harder to connect. Search
google for a site that lists their round-robbin dns, or check what his
win is using and manually add them. For some reason rp wasn't doing it
for me, but once I talked to a subversive tech support guy at verizon
and he clued me in, I had no more problems. This is only helpful if you
are in but not going anywhere. If you can't get in, make sure he has the
config set up properly, it is very straight forward.

pinkee <looking out the windows for verizon trucks surrounding the house)
--
www.cavegirl.org
www.mydarlingchild.com