LeRoy Cressy on Fri, 22 Mar 2002 07:43:31 -0500

Re: [PLUG] other alternatives, was "xDSL"

Directv also offers Internet through their satalite service

http://www.dtv.direcway.com/home/index.html

"mike.h" wrote:

> >> What ever happened to DirectPC, the Internet counterpart of
> >> DirectTV?  Still around? Viable?
> >>
> >> Art Alexion                 """         mailto:arthur@alexion.com
>
> Now known as Directvinternet.com; $50/mo for aDSL/home use; servers are OK;
> no blocked ports. Unfortuately, this won't help with the distance problem,
> as it's standard dsl, not a satellite based service, and as Pinkee said, the
> last mile of cu is verizon, no matter your isp.
>
> -mike.h

Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy   mailto:lcressy@telocity.com   /\_/\
                       http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc   ( o.o )
                       Phone:  215-535-4037          > ^ <