epike on Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:30:12 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Linux Bootable CD

> CDfs: http://www.elis.rug.ac.be/~ronsse/cdfs/

this sounds very cool thanks for posting the info

> Or... I usually copy a CD-ROM with the dd command.  I've noticed,
> though, that it doesn't work too well on a CD-R that I've burned.  I
> imagine (I haven't tried this yet) that I could mount it as type CDfs
> and just copy the filesystem image.

I want to also try raw-reading a cdrom by dd this way but am
afraid to have any sort of error.  I recall that the cd-writing
howto has some warnings about using dd and surface read errors...
if theres a read error does dd at least complain for warning?

jondz / epike