Chuck Peters on Sat, 23 Mar 2002 03:20:10 +0100

Job Postings was Re: [PLUG] Another Job Opening [Network Admin - Plymouth Meeting]

I think its time for a list policy change.  This is a Linux User Group
list and it is not appropriate to advertise jobs which do not require any
Linux skills.

I think these kinds of posts diminish the quality of the list and allow
head hunters and others to profit from the easy access to highly technical
and qualified people on the list.

Perhaps the group should charge fees to advertise non-Linux jobs and allow
advertising Linux jobs free of charge.  To qualify as a free posted
Linux job, a large part of the job should require Linux.  Jobs that
require mostly MS and a little bit of Linux should not qualify for free
postings.

Agreed?

Thanks,
Chuck