Bill Jonas on Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:48:08 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Linux Bootable CD

On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 01:39:46AM -0500, Doug Crompton wrote:
> No what I meant was why make an ISO file of 650megs when you only need a
> few megs  for a boot CD. Thus the bs and count in dd. mkisfs also only
> makes a iso the size needed for the data you specify.

I don't really follow you here.  A CD with twenty megs of data will
yield a twenty-meg ISO image, whether via dd, cp, or cat.  You're not
going to end up with a 650M ISO starting with a CD-ROM with 20M of data
on it.

Developer/SysAdmin for hire!   See http://www.billjonas.com/resume.html