pinkee on Sun, 24 Mar 2002 02:20:12 +0100

Re: Job Postings was Re: [PLUG] Another Job Opening [Network Admin - Plymouth Meeting]

On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 11:36:23AM -0500, kaze wrote:
> MIS - my point being that employment posts can be on topic.

Exactly. How many of the IT people here know for certain they will have
a job or the opportunity in 6 months or a year. Seeing what people are
looking for can help guide self-education.

> I would consider pure recruiter posts or basically stuff not coming from
> members with at least some level of activity, as SPAM.

Any list abuse is handled by the volunteer admins. If you aren't
subscribed, you post has to be approved. (Lets avoid that rant :>)

> We could decide on a standard subject line so that people could easily
> filter this stuff out, ie, "OT: Employment Post: " or some such thing...

This is a valid idea as well. People can set up procmail or killfiles or
whatever to filter these posts. I hope we can all agree that the posts
have been sent with good intentions.

> whole thing would be transparent and everyone would be happy. (Still no
> money for PLUG though.)

Blasphemy. Plug money? Who would be in charge of *that* nightmare? :)

pinkee
--
www.cavegirl.org
www.mydarlingchild.com