paul on Sun, 24 Mar 2002 23:10:16 +0100

Re: Job Postings was Re: [PLUG] Another Job Opening[NetworkAdmin - Plymouth Meeting]

Who handles PLUG's Web site?  I would like to get involved in creating
some kind of job contact application.

PLUG is made up of people, not just machines, operating systems, and
revolutionaries.  People need money.  People need a way to make
money.  Windows is a good way to make money from a low to "high" skill
range.  Unix/Linux jobs seem to require mid to high range skills and a
perception that you are a sorcerer.  So a Windows job is an option for
a wider range of people.

Really, I was referring to myself as being a Linux snob if I were to
put personal interest above the needs of my family.  Windows is good
enough, and I am good enough at supporting it, to produce some
income.  Given a choice I would take a Linux job.  Right now, I have
no choice at all.

Actually, my choices seem to be a non computer job or self
employment.  Since I have more computer skills than anything else, I'm
working on a business plan.  Still, I would take a Windows income over
Linux poverty.